I have been pretty spoiled. Through 2.5 pregnancies, I have had no pelvic pain. I guess it was time, that as a Chiropractor, I experienced a little symphysis pubis dysfunction. This is excruciating sharp pain in the middle of your pubic bones. OUCH!
For some weirdly awesome reason (sorry sarcasm), you forget all your 4 years of relevant graduate school when you really really need it. Luckily though, I happened to have some of my super smart Chiropractor friends over the other night. And these are the ideas we came up with:
1. Strengthen glutes. Lie on your back, and push your bottom up, and hold for 15 seconds. Repeat another time or two. Stop if you feel pain or dizziness. Do this every day, and if it’s bad 2 times a day.
If that makes you dizzy, get on all fours, and alternate tucking your bottom in, and sticking it out. Repeat for a minute, 2-3x a day, until you’re feeling better.
2. Silk or satin jammies, combined with silk/satin sheets. This will help you turn over at night.
3. Sleep with a pillow between you knees, and if you can, that goes between your ankles too. Side benefit: you’ll be totally trained to wrestle an alligator.
4. When getting out of bed, your car, turning over, keep your knees together. (if you have this, you might wish someone gave you this advice 8 months ago.)
5. See a chiropractor and have them do the webster protocol, and if you’re up for it, they can do something fancy called “activator”. This looks like they are clicking a pen on your girly bones, but will feel like you’re getting punched in the cr*tch.