- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (we used tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup sugar (next time, we’ll try 1/8c)
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (we used dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan. Slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup milk, whisking until smooth, then whisk in remaining 2 cups milk. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and whisk until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into silicone popsicle molds (we love Norpro popsicle molds), and throw in the freezer for a few hours.
This was a really simple treat that the kids could help make. Caleb loves whisking, and Elise was mainly in charge of licking the spoons afterwards.