(excuse the bed head, but yummy parfait, eh? )
1. Plain Yogurt parfaits, plain yogurt, frozen fruit (blueberries and raspberries are our favs), if you have homemade granola add it, if not whatever nuts or seeds you have, and a smiley face of honey on the top… a dash of vanilla if you’re fancy.
2. Veggie sticks, (carrots, celery, cucumber, grape tomatoes) with either hummus, or chickpeas (toddlers love them straight out of the organic, bpa-free can). Or, for an even easier treat, try frozen corn (please please please make sure it’s organic) … little kids LOVE it!
3. Homemade popsicles! We normally make green smoothies once a week, and I try to double what we drink, and freeze the rest as popsicles.
4. Banana bread, I do my best to do at least 2 breads at a time, quadrupling the recipe is best. Slice it when cool, and freeze in a freezer bag.
5. This granola bar recipe is another family favourite. I also make at least a double batch of these gems. I let them cool, slice them, and freeze them on the cookie sheet. Once the bars are solidly frozen, I toss them into freezer bags, and have easy, healthy, fantastic treats.
With all the time you just saved making snacks, enjoy a fun show. My new favourite is UnReal, a lifetime network show, now available on Shomi.