A late Winter Challenge for adventurous families!
The days are still cold, but we are getting stronger and more resilient by enjoying the fresh air. Join us by doing this checklist:
1. Find treasures under a log… hopefully some cool bugs and plants. Don’t forget to put it back to how you have found it.
2. Look for mushrooms. Collect a small variety to learn what they are when you get home. We usually carry a box with us to put in interesting discoveries.
3. Make a simple bird feeder to help the birds make it through the winter. Belle made a simple one. She spread peanut butter on a stick and sprinkled bird seed on the peanut butter. Then she put the stick as high as she could get it on a tree.
We came back the next day to see if birds had come to eat the seeds, but it was gone. There was a lot of curiosity about whether a coyote had eaten the stick.
4. Find a bug. We were gifted an amazing magnifying glass. The kids have been enjoying checking out a variety of items with the magnifying glass. Hands and fingers have been a favourite. We are hoping to find a dead spider or bee to learn about the physical characteristics.
5. Climb a tree. This is a challenge for us. Our little neck of the woods is quite dense so the branches start quite high. We have a decent climbing tree out front, but we will keep looking for one in the forest.
Post or msg me if you want to join in. Complete the whole challenge, post about it and you can have a private sneak peak at how we spent our Spring break. You may get some ideas.
Deadline for completion: March 21st 7pm EST.